Our conditions of employment are set out in the Greater Dandenong City Council Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2012.
- Competitive Pay Rates. We are amongst the top 5 highest paying Councils in Victoria
- Flexible work arrangements and work hours. We offer 9 day fortnights, 19 day months, part-time work, job-share, working from home, 48/52 leave, time in lieu and flexible start/finish times (*all subject to business requirements)
- Long Service Leave. Pro-rata after 7 years of continuous service
- Phased Retirement Scheme. Enabling employees to transition into retirement
- 16 weeks' paid Maternity/Adoption Leave or 2 weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Volunteer Leave. 1 day of paid leave to engage in volunteer services within the municipality.
- Flexible Leave Arrangements. Annual leave (can be taken in single days), Carer's Leave, Compassionate/Bereavement Leave, Long Service Leave on full, half or double pay, Adoption Leave, Study Leave, Leave without Pay. We also offer generous leave entitlements for things such as emergencies, cultural leave and special leave.
- Salary Sacrifice. Superannuation, puchase of laptop computers, child care *eligibility criteria apply
Working arrangements will be negotiated at the time an offer of employment is made.
Want to know more.... (links will open in a new window)
Greater Dandenong City Council Enterprise Agreement 2015 [pdf, document size 6.7mb]
Staff Code of Conduct [pdf, document size 115.23kb]