Driver / Operator (Works) x 2
Band 3A, $57,480 pa + Industry Allowance + Super
Permanent Full Time
The City of Greater Dandenong is an organisation of exceptional character. We invest in the development of our people and the community and we strive to be a workplace that is respectful, engaged, accountable, creative and honest. We are a progressive organisation, in a city that is on the move and we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment.
We offer exceptional working conditions and are focused on providing a workplace that values diverse contributions, cares for your health and wellbeing and fosters a positive work culture. We ensure all people have an equal opportunity for employment and advancement within our organisation.
We embrace our diverse community and work environment and encourage applications from everyone including people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background, people of diverse sexual orientation and gender, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people of varied age, ability, and faith. Council will give due consideration to any workplace adjustments to accommodate the needs of any prospective or existing staff member.
The Works Service Unit within Engineering Services is responsible for the inspection and maintenance of civil infrastructure assets within the drainage, road & footpath networks throughout the municipality. Two positions for Driver/Operator (Works) within this team have recently become vacant.
The primary objectives of the position are to:
- Maintain the city by undertaking labouring duties and operating Works Service Unit plant and equipment and undertaking a range of associated tasks in a safe, efficient and courteous manner
- Supervise and/or assist in training of other Works Service Unit team members or casual hire staff as required
Required knowledge, skills, experience and attitudes for the successful applicant include:
- Certificate III or IV in Works (Roads & Drains) or related industry based training course or extensive relevant industry experience
- Current Victorian Heavy Rigid class Drivers Licence (or acceptable equivalent) and a certificate of competency for a relevant item of plant, preferably along with a Spotter Certificate and/or Red Card
- Demonstrated ability to operate a range of Works plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner and to undertake routine daily maintenance of minor plant and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to work diligently and enthusiastically with minimal supervision in order to meet desired service outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and provide on-the-job training to other staff
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment, including high levels of reliability and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with the public in a clear and courteous manner, in order to present a positive image for council, with a strong focus for customer service excellence
- Demonstrated preparedness to work in adverse weather conditions and on a roster system which includes weekends and public holidays and daily shifts that may be scheduled over a 24 hour day
Applicants must adequately meet the requirements of the role and fully address the selection criteria contained in the Position Description. To view a copy of this Position Description, please click on the link below.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake a functional capacity assessment (physical) and may be required to complete work preference profiling.
The successful candidate may be asked to consent to a national police check (and where relevant an ‘international criminal history check’), subject to the operation of spent conviction laws. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
We offer a range of benefits for staff including a friendly team environment, salary sacrificed child care (where available), discounted gym membership and a vibrant social club.
Further information: Mohammad Khan, 8571 1797
Applications close: 5pm, Friday, 22 June 2018