Senior Records Management Officer
Band 5, $67,177 pa
Temporary Full Time (Maternity leave replacement until October 2019)
The City of Greater Dandenong is an organisation of exceptional character. We invest in the development of our people and the community and we strive to be a workplace that is respectful, engaged, accountable, creative and honest. We are a progressive organisation, in a city that is on the move and we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment.
We offer exceptional working conditions and are focused on providing a workplace that values diverse contributions, cares for your health and wellbeing and fosters a positive work culture. We ensure all people have an equal opportunity for employment and advancement within our organisation.
We embrace our diverse community and work environment and encourage applications from everyone including people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background, people of diverse sexual orientation and gender, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people of varied age, ability, and faith. Council will give due consideration to any workplace adjustments to accommodate the needs of any prospective or existing staff member.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Records Management Officer to provide support and expertise in the operation of the Records Management Unit
- Provide records management services within council through a range of operational activities
- Contribute to the continuous review and improvement of records management practices and procedures.
- Assist in the appraisal, sentencing and disposal of Council records.
- Assist in the delivery of ongoing staff education programs relating to Records Management and Archival procedures
- Provide an informed and accurate advisory service to assist all council customers in the retrieval, preservation and access to council records and archives
- Act as Records Management Coordinator in the Coordinator’s absence
The position is directly held responsible for:
- Providing support to the Records Management Coordinator to ensure that the recordkeeping functions of the unit are carried out in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with Council quality and service standards compliant with relevant Victorian Government legislation and standards relating to records management, including:
Ensuring that all vital records of corporate value are appropriately captured into Objective (EDRMS);
Archiving inactive records as per business plan targets and transfer and disposal of records and archives to comply with organisational procedures and PROV standards; and
Business units and departments supported and advised on best practices in relation to Records Management, particularly in the archiving of inactive records
- The freedom to act in this regard is governed by clear objectives with prior consultation with more senior staff and a regular reporting mechanism to ensure adherence to plans.
- When providing specialist advice to clients or to regulate clients, enhance the image of the Records
- Management Unit by assisting in the provision of informed and professional customer service to all stakeholders. The freedom to act in this regard is subject to close supervision or to clear guidelines with the Records Management Coordinator.
- The effect of decisions and action taken may be significant and have in impact upon the performance of the officers being supported but the decisions and actions are subject to appeal or review by the Records Management Coordinator.
- When provide direct support and assistance to the Records Management Coordinator, the freedom to act is not limited simply by standards and procedures, and the quality of decisions and actions taken will often have an impact upon the performance of the Records Management Coordinator.
The essential position requirements include:
- Degree or Diploma in Recordkeeping or Information Management with little or no relevant experience /work skills or alternatively a lesser formal qualification with significant relevant experience / work skills.
o NB: at a minimum demonstrated experience is required with an EDRM system as it relates to Records and Archives Management practices and procedures. A working knowledge of Objective, Proclaim, Merit and Kofax, along with the Microsoft Suite of software applications, will also be highly valued.
- Awareness of the legislative and standards framework as it pertains to Records Management and
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Public Record Office Victoria PROV Recordkeeping Standards and the Retention and Disposal schedules RDA (PROS 09/05 and PROS 07/01) as they apply to Council records.
- Well-developed time management skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and apply well-developed customer service skills to ensure customer satisfaction
- Well-developed communication skills (written and oral) including preparing external correspondence and reports in the field of expertise
Please note that all applications must address the key selection criteria located in the Position Description. To view a copy of this Position Description, please click on the link below.
We offer a range of benefits for staff including a friendly team environment, salary sacrificed child care (where available), discounted gym membership and a vibrant social club.
Further Information: Janine Patience, 8571 5231
Applications close: 5pm, Friday, 20 July 2018