Home Maintenance Team Leader
Band 6, $83,593 - $99,119 pa
Temporary full-time (until June 2020)
The City of Greater Dandenong is an organisation of exceptional character. We invest in the development of our people and the community and we strive to be a workplace that is respectful, engaged, accountable, creative and honest. We are a progressive organisation, in a city that is on the move and we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment.
We offer exceptional working conditions and are focused on providing a workplace that values diverse contributions, cares for your health and wellbeing and fosters a positive work culture. We ensure all people have an equal opportunity for employment and advancement within our organisation.
We embrace our diverse community and work environment and encourage applications from everyone including people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background, people of diverse sexual orientation and gender, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people of varied age, ability, and faith. Council will give due consideration to any workplace adjustments to accommodate the needs of any prospective or existing staff member.
Community Care is looking for a highly organised and knowledgeable person to coordinate the daily service operations for the Home Maintenance program. The Community Care unit assists older residents and residents with a disability to stay in their own homes for as long as possible so that they can maintain connections to their community.
Design & Build Recruitment are working in partnership with The City of Greater Dandenong in the search for an experienced candidate.
- Salary range: $83,593 - $99,119 + superannuation
- Key focus on your professional and personal development
- Monthly RDO
- Flexible working hours & arrangements offered
- Ongoing training & support
- Opportunity to have input on team direction and growth
This role will be responsible for the coordination for the delivery and operations of the Home Maintenance program. The Community Care Unit assists older residents or those with disabilities to stay in their own homes by providing additional support.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Providing leadership, mentoring & technical support to a small team of Maintenance Officers
- Overseeing program delivery to ensure works are completed to industry regulations and standards
- Estimating works for the allocation of resources to time and budget
- Providing excellent community customer service
- Ensuring associated contractual obligations & KPI’s are met
- Proven experience & detailed knowledge of Home Maintenance or Building Construction
- Diploma trade qualification in Building Construction or relevant is mandatory
- Strong prior experience in the leadership and mentoring of a small team
- Technical ability to evaluate and estimate works to time and budget
- Strong communication skills both verbally & written
- Highly organised with the ability to meet deadlines & KPI’s
Please get in touch for a copy of the Position Description or for a confidential chat about this opportunity.
Further information: Ashley Wilkes from Design & Build, (03) 8535 3100
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday, 21 November 2018