Band 5, $67,000 pa (pro-rata)
Permanent Part Time (30 hours per week)
The City of Greater Dandenong is an organisation of exceptional character. We invest in the development of our people and the community and we strive to be a workplace that is respectful, engaged, accountable, creative and honest. We are a progressive organisation, in a city that is on the move and we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment.
We offer exceptional working conditions and are focused on providing a workplace that values diverse contributions, cares for your health and wellbeing and fosters a positive work culture. We ensure all people have an equal opportunity for employment and advancement within our organisation.
We embrace our diverse community and work environment and encourage applications from everyone including people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background, people of diverse sexual orientation and gender, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people of varied age, ability, and faith. Council will give due consideration to any workplace adjustments to accommodate the needs of any prospective or existing staff member.
Greater Dandenong City Council is looking to employ an experienced Payroll Officer to join our payroll team. Sitting within the Organisational Development, working closely with our finance team, you will need a substantial hands-on experience in end to end payroll processing.
Council offers flexible working arrangements (working days and times to be negotiated with the successful applicant).
The primary objectives of the position are to:
- Administer Council’s fortnightly payroll and to ensure compliance with all legal and financial aspects associated with the management of a payroll. This includes EBA interpretation, maintenance of employee records
- Provide a range of payroll and organisational development related support services and professional advice to managers and employees
- Opportunities to assist with projects within organisational development
The role requires:
- Demonstrated experienced with a complex Payroll System (Experience in Chris21 preferred but not essential)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to responding to employee and management queries
- Positive team player attitude essential
- Ability to consistently work to accurate and timely standards
Applicants must adequately meet the requirements of the role and fully address the selection criteria contained in the position description. To view a copy of this position description, please click on the link below.
The successful candidate will be asked to consent to a national police check (and where relevant an ‘international criminal history check’), subject to the operation of spent conviction laws. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
We offer a range of benefits for staff including a friendly team environment, salary sacrificed child care (where available), discounted gym membership and a vibrant social club.
Further information: Nicole Josef, 8571 5228
Applications close: 5pm, Monday, 19 November 2018